Be part of a team that challenges the status quo and pushes the limits of digital, daily. ForwardslashNY develops carefully strategized,
user-focused, beautifully executed digital experiences for leading businesses around the world.
Senior PHP/WordPress Developer
Novi Sad (RS) 1 open position
If you are a talented or skilled web developer we can count on, if you love object-oriented PHP programming, and you would like to be a part of a team that works together to deliver sophisticated WordPress projects with the highest code quality, then you are probably the one we have been waiting for.
You will be responsible mostly for what happens on the server side of some of the most exciting and demanding WordPress applications and for handling some more complicated JS tasks on the client side.
- Leading the development of WordPress and WooCommerce projects.
- Problem-solving and testing proposed solutions with MVPs and prototypes.
- Together with other teammates, you will develop modern and advanced WordPress solutions with state-of-art code quality in the eCommerce area.
- Collaborating with developers from other teams to create modular, extensible PHP and JS solutions (plugins, packages, blocks, and components) for reuse across projects.
- Work with a custom WordPress framework that is based on the MVC pattern.
- Further develop ideas for next-gen project solutions, including headless CMS, GraphQL, REST API, and VueJS.
- Assist in the maintenance or enhancement of existing client sites.
- Communicating with the client about technical requirements, reporting progress, and clarifying issues.
- Performing code reviews and addressing feedback.
- Coaching and mentoring members of the team.
- Contributing to our internal products and open-source projects.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience.
- Familiarity with PHP (Composer) and JS (NPM/Yarn) package managers.
- Experience with REST API and/or GraphQL.
- Team-oriented behavior and good communication skills.
- You share your knowledge with others and offer peer reviews.
- Analytical, solution-oriented, and creative thinking and working.
- Able to self-organize and work independently.
- You love to learn new things.
- Able to set up local dev environments.
- You can write and speak English at a professional level (C1 or up).
- Experience with WooCommerce, WordPress Multisite, and API integrations.
- Experience working with WordPress and creating (Gutenberg) Blocks in particular.
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Jira, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of automated testing.
- Experience working for demanding or enterprise-level clients.
What’s in it for you?
- Creative and innovative projects.
- Various online courses and team knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Various team events, sports activities, and charity events participation
- Respect and support for your professional and personal goals.
- Private healthcare service
- Flexible start of the working day & Hybrid work environment
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- 22 Days of vacation + 2 sick leave days
- English lessons
- Additional holiday day per 2 years of employment in FWS
- Company gifts (childbirth, birthday cake…)
- Performance review twice a year
- Fully equipped kitchen, a variety of food and drinks such as fruit, candy, coffee, juices …